Calvin Broadus famously known by his stage name, Snoop Dogg, is an American rapper and a media personality who became one of the best non figures during the 1990s. He has received much recognition as a singer and has also appeared in numerous films and television dramas throughout his career.
The famous American rapper Snoop Dogg is famous for his hardcore rapping style and exceptionally catchy songs. Snoop Dogg made his debut in 1992 and since the beginning of his career, he has left an incredible mark on the music industry.
Throughout his life he has also been accused of several criminal activities but was later acquitted of all the charges and being an exemplary artist, his music and trouble with the laws have kept him in the headlines ever since the beginning of his career.
Snoop dogg biography, age, height, career, relationship, net worth, and many more details are available on this page
Snoop Dogg Biography and personal details
Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr. aka Snoop Dogg was born on October 20, 1971, in Long Beach California. Snoop Dogg was born on October 20, 1971. This makes him a charismatic Libra Sun with a passionate Scorpio Moon. He is 6 feet and 4 inches tall and belongs to african american ethnicity. He is christian by religion. As he was born in America, his nationality is american. He has a dark complexion.
Besides album selling, Snoop Dogg also earns a huge amount of money from his live performance.
|Full name||Cordozar Calvin Broadus Jr.|
|Place of birth||Long Beach, California, United States|
|Parents||Vernell Varnado, Beverly Tate|
|Spouse||Shante Broadus (m. 1997)|
|Children||Corde Broadus, Cordelle Broadus, Cori Broadus, Julian Corrie Broadus|
|Education||Long Beach Polytechnic High School|
When sup was just 4 years old his mom and step father got divorce and since then he has loved singing, so he started playing piano. He even helped his family financially and started selling candies, bagging groceries and delivering newspapers as a child only.
Snoop attended polytechnic high school in Long Beach, America. Key found is laugh for raping then he was just in sixth grade but he got indulged in taking drugs. A significant amount of his lifetime was spent in prison after graduation.
Snoop Dogg Family
Snoop Dogg was born in a family where his father was Vernall Vernando, a Vietnam veteran and his mother, Beverly Tate. Unfortunately his father who was also a musician, left his family just after 3 months when Snoop Dogg was born. Later on his mother remarried and Snoop Dogg was named after his step father Calvin Cordozar Broadus Sr. His parents used to call him after the famous Peanuts character, Snoopy
On June 12, 1997, Snoop married his high school sweetheart, Shante Taylor. In May 2004, they filed for divorce. They reunited and renewed their wedding vows in January 2008. They have three children together, sons Corde (1994) and Cordell (1997), and daughter Cori (1999). Snoop also has a son, Julian Corrie Broadus (1998), from a relationship with Laurie Holmond.
Snoop became a grandfather in 2015 when Corde had a son with his girlfriend, Jessica Kyzer. Corde had another son who passed away in September 2019 just ten days after birth.
- Snoopy started his career in 1992 when he released a mixtape with his friend and cousin. Within a very short time after being selected at an audition he started collaborating with different music producers. Soon, Dre became his mentor and started teaching him rap.
- Then Dre and Snoop collaborated on his album “the chronic” which was highly successful and launched a solo career for Snoop Dogg.
- His first solo album “Doggy Style” became a huge hit and he established himself in the music industry.
- Album debuted at number one on both the Billboard 200 and Billboard top R&B/ Hip Hop Albums chart. the album produced several hit singles including “what’s my name” and “gin and choose” next album “Rock father” was released in 1996 and debuted at number one on both Billboard charts and for the next 3 albums Snoop left Death Row and signed with No Limit Records. he released 1998, Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told” 1999’s “No limit Top Dogg” and 2000’s “Tha Last Meal”. After that he signed with priority capital EMI record in 2002 and released “Paid tha cost to be da boss’ ‘ . He signed with Geffen records in 2004 and released R&G(Rhythm and Gangsta: The Masterpiece, That Blue Carpet Treatment, Ego Tripping, Malice ‘n and Wonderland, and Doggumentary.
- In 2012 after a trip to Jamaica he announced that he had converted to Rastafarianism and was to be known as Snoop Lion. he even released an album as well as a documentary of the same name about his experience in Jamaica. He rebranded to Snoop Lion in 2012 for his first single release” la la la”
- In 2015,he went back to being called Snoop Dogg and released his 17th solo album “I want to thank me” in 2019.
- His career has also extended into television and film with roles in projects like “starsky” and “hutch” and hosting duties for shows like “Martha and Snoop’s Potluck Dinner party”. In addition to his entertainment careers, he is known for his entrepreneurial ventures in the cannabis industry.
- He also coaches a youth football league and high school football team. In September 2009, Snoop was hired by EMI as the chairman of priority records.
- With years of dedication, hard work and talent Snoop Dogg has made a massive amount of money. Dogg is one of the richest rappers in the world right now.
- In 2019, Snoop created his own esports league called the “Gangsta Gaming League.” In March 2022, he joined FaZe Clan as a member of their Board of Directors. In March of the following year, he resigned from the position.
- In 2023, Snoop joined an investment group led by businessman Neko Sparks to try and buy the Ottawa Senators of the National Hockey League.
Snoop Dogg is a best coast based rapper, singer, songwriter, producer , media personality, entrepreneur and an actor who has a net worth of $160 million.
According to the news of a booking agency, the pop icon gets paid as high as $100k per appearance. His minimum charge is 75,000 US $.
He also endorsed a food delivery service brand Menulog for 9.8 million $. Snoop Dogg also worked with brands like Dunkin’ Donuts, SodaStream, Tostitos, The General, and many more.
- Snoop Dogg is his passion for playing the piano. When he was a child, he sang and played the piano in Golgotha Trinity Baptist Church.
- He was once banned from Australia following his convictions for firearms and drug offences in 2007.
- He once attempted to quit smoking marijuana.
- After a DNA test, it was discovered that Snoop was 71% African, 23% Native American and 6% European.
Snoop Dogg is reportedly 6 feet 4 inches tall.
Snoop Dogg’s death was rumoured over the internet. He is the most recent victim of the infamous death hoax. Contrary to the false rumours snoop dogg is not that and still alive
Snoop Dogg is a west-coast based rapper, singer, songwriter , producer , media personality, entrepreneur and an actor who has net worth of $160 million.
Snoop Dogg was born Cordozar Calvin Broadus Jr. On October 20,1971 in Long Beach, California.
Yes, Snoop has four children, one from a relationship with Laurie Holmand and the rest of three with Shante Taylor.
Snoop Dogg’s wife Shante broadus is 51 years old, as of 2023.
Snoop Dogg’s birthday falls on 20th of October every year since 1971, when he was born.