Sylvester Stallone born on July 6, 1946, is a well-known American actor and filmmaker born in New York. It is hard to believe that the actor who once had trouble getting roles and movies went on to become one of Hollywood’s best-known celebrities. He achieved commercial success as boxer Rocky Balboa in the first installment of the Rocky film franchise at 30 years of age and has since become one of the most legendary action actors on the silver screen. He is undoubtedly one of the most famous and successful action actors of the 20th and 21st centuries and has multiple action film series and franchises. The actor has a net worth of approximately $400 million.
His biography, personal details, net worth, career, life, age, height, and many more details can be checked on this page.
Sylvester Stallone Biography and Personal Details
Sylvester Stallone was born on 6 July 1946 in New York City, is an American actor, screenwriter, director, and producer. His hometown is Beverly Hills California, United States, and has an American nationality. His real name is Sylvester Gardenzio Stallone and he is also known as Sly, Michael, the Italian stallion, Binky, Sly Stallone. After making his debut as a struggling actor for a number of years upon arriving in New York in 1969 and later in Hollywood in 1974, he achieved his first critical success as an actor for his role as Stanley. Rosiello in The Lords of Flatbush. His zodiac sign is cancer and his Heritage is Italian on his father’s side and French American on his mother’s side.
|Name||Michael Sylvester Gardenzio Stallone|
|Date of birth||6 July 1946|
|Place of birth||Manhattan, New York, United States|
|Profession||Actor and producer|
|Education||Philadelphia notre dame academy Lincoln high school University of Miami|
|Awards||Lifetime achievement award|
Childhood and education
After his parents divorced, he studied at the Notre Dame Academy and Lincoln High School in Philadelphia. He also studied at the Charlotte Hall Military Academy before he attended the University of Miami.
Sylvester Stallone was born to an Italian father and a French-American mother. His father’s name was Francisco Stallone Sr., a hairdresser and beautician. On the other side his mother Jacqueline ‘Jackie ‘Stallone, is a dancer and astrologer. His mother was a supporter of women’s wrestling and even opened a gym called Barbella. He has three siblings named Frank Stallone and Dante Stallone as brothers and Tony D’Alto as a sister.
Sylvester Stallone has been married three separate times. His first marriage was to Sasha Czack, whom he married in 1974. The two were married for a little over a decade and got divorced in February 1985.
Later that same year, Sylvester married Brigitte Nielsen. The two were only married for two years, and their relationship was a subject of tabloid fascination at the time.
Eventually, though, he and Jennifer Flavin were married in 1997, and the pair recently celebrated 25 years of marriage. He has 3 daughters with Flavin.
- In 1968, while studying at the University of Miami, Sylvester Stallone acted in his first project called ‘That Nice Boy,’ also called ‘The Square Root.’ He played uncredited roles in the 1969 Robert Redford’s sports drama Downhill Racer and the Korean war-based M.A.S.H.
- He finally got an opportunity to play the lead role in the movie, The Party at Kitty and Stud’s, in 1970. After that, he appeared in several films playing uncredited roles for the next few years. Stallone came up with the idea of Rocky. The movie went on to become a massive commercial success.
- In 1978, two movies – F.I.S.T and Paradise Alley were released, Before the 1982 release of the third Rocky movie, Stallone had acted in an international World War II drama called Escape to Victory in 1981.
- In 1983, he directed and produced the hugely successful dance-musical Staying Alive, with John Travolta in the lead role.
- In 1986, it saw the release and success of the second Rambo movie – Rambo-First Blood Part II, and Rocky IV.
- Some, like Cobra (1986) and Tango and Cash (1989) where he played the role of a cop, were commercial hits. Whereas, it is safe to say that, others like Over The Top (1987), Rambo III (1988), Rocky V (1990), and Oscar (1991), bombed disastrously.
- After the 1993 smash hit Cliffhanger, a few other movies by Sylvester Stallone that succeeded at the box office include, Demolition Man (1993), The Specialist (1994), and Cop Land (1997).
- In 2010, The Expendables, which he wrote and directed, became the biggest hit at the United States box office.
- In 2015, moviegoers came across a new series that Stallone developed from one of his old characters, Creed.
- Besides the movies, Stallone has done voice-over work for projects such as Animal Crackers (2017) and The Suicide Squad (2021).
Sylvester Stallone is an American actor, screenwriter, producer, and director who has a net worth of $400 million. Sylvester Stallone is easily one of the most famous and beloved action stars of all time.
|Current Net Worth||$400 Million|
|Earning Source||Acting & Profession|
|Initial Earning from ‘Rocky’||$23,000|
|Notable Franchises||Rocky, Rambo, The Expendables|
|Earnings from ‘The Expendables’ Series||Over $50 Million|
|Upcoming Ventures||The Expendables 4|
|Projected Future Earnings||Over $100 Million from new contracts|
Social media accounts
He has various accounts on social media including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and many more. He has 18M followers on Instagram. He keeps his social media active by posting his movie banners and his family.
|Available On||All Platforms|
He was born with the lower side of his face paralyzed as the obstetricians tried to use a pair of forceps to pull him out of his mother’s womb. This seriously severed a nerve that caused permanent deformity in the lower parts of his lip, tongue, and chin.
How tall is Sylvester Stallone?
Though the American actor is 5 feet 9 inches tall, he wears elevator shoes just to look taller.
Did Sylvester Stallone die?
The internet is flooded with rumors that Sylvester Stallone is no more. Several fake news websites claim that the 76-year-old actor succumbed to prostate cancer spreading panic among his fans, however some work to spot the hawks and this is not the first time that the actor has fallen prey to a death hoax, it took place a few years back also. However, the actor is alive.
How much is Sylvester Stallone worth?
The actor has achieved great success on the big screen and presently he has a net worth of 400 million USD.
How old is Sylvester Stallone?
Sylvester Stallone was born on July 6, 1946, as Michael Sylvester Gardenzio Stallone in Hell’s Kitchen, Manhattan. As of 2023, the actor is 76 years old.
Is Sylvester Stallone alive?
Yes, the American actor Sylvester Stallone is alive. He just fell prey to a death hoax.
How old is Sylvester Stallone’s wife?
Sylvester Stallone’s current wife is Jennifer Flavin, who is 54 years old as of 2023.